Himmel's Church Covered Bridge 38-49-06
Photo taken May 2006 by Jack Schmidt
According to "Pennsylvania's Covered Bridges" Evans and Evans, the width is actually 14'1" and the length is 42'3"
Other things to note:
-Vertical boards are painted red, battens are painted white.
-Lower 3/4 of bridge is walled allowing a decent distance between eaves and walls.
-Concrete abutments with low stone and mortar wingwalls
-Sheet metal roof
- Covered bridge over Schwaben Creek on Middle Creek Road, east of Rebuck
- Northumberland County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1874; rehabilitated 1973
- - Peter Keefer
- Covered Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 37.1 ft.
Total length: 43.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 8, 1979
- Also called
- Rebuck Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.72283, -76.71983 (decimal degrees)
40°43'22" N, 76°43'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/354751/4509412 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 38-49-06 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 79002312 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PA 49 7219 0442 0058 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 29385 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31466 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 24.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- March 6, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- May 27, 2012: New photos from Jodi Christman
- April 14, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added builder and description
- November 6, 2006: Posted photos from Jack Schmidt