J. Manley Robbins Trail Covered Bridge
Reading RR bridge abandoned by Reading RR in 1976 upon formation of Conrail. Bridge was adapted for an expansion of the Robbins bike trail over the abandoned right-of-way in 2002, and a roof added shortly thereafter. Pier and abutments obviously built up from an earlier bridge; a pavilion extends from the bridge over the pier to allow views of the creek.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Mahoning Creek on J. Manley Robbins Bike Trail
- Montour County, Pennsylvania
- Open to pedestrians only
- Deck plate girder
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- Reading RR Mahoning Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.98292, -76.62906 (decimal degrees)
40°58'58" N, 76°37'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/362955/4538138 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 53956 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 9, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Rail-to-trail", "Railroad", "Philadelphia & Reading Railway"
- October 16, 2012: Added by Alexander D. Mitchell IV