Garges Road Bridge
Garges Road Bridge - April 26, 2009
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #139445
"A strong candidate for long-term preservation." according to Montgomery County bridge inventory.
- Stone arch bridge over East Branch Perkiomen Creek on Garges Road near Schwenksville, PA
- Schwenksville, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1911 by the Nelson-Merydith Co.
- - J. H. Dager
- Nelson-Merydith Co. of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 115.2 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.25628, -75.44468 (decimal degrees)
40°15'23" N, 75°26'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/496444/4430532 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 46 7046 0660 0214 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 27953 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31359 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 2, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added builder and span #
- May 1, 2009: New photos from Raymond Klein
- April 30, 2009: New photo from Raymond Klein
- Raymond Klein - Bookshelfthe [at] msn [dot] com
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com