Trinley Mill Drive Limerick Twp, PA
Trinley Road -- June 11, 2008
Front view Looking North towards Linfield-Trappe Road
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
Written by Raymond Klein
It appears this bridge was originally constructed as a stone arch bridge. When the railrod right of way was widened they used concrete for the addition.
Have seen very few bridges that have a seperate bridge for the adjacant stream.
Two other bridges between Linfield, Pa and Pottstown, PA have a similiaer situation.
They were built with field stone and concrete and have adjacnt streams.
One is located on Sanatoga Road and the Sanatoga Creek goes under the bridge adjacant to the former road. The road is closed and covered with mud and originally lead to a bridge over the Schuylkill River to Chester county.
Then there is one on the former Porter Road and Sanatoga Station Road and near Pottstown,PA and Sprogles Run also goes under right next to Porter Road(now closed) which used to lead to and go under the Pennsylvania Railrod bridge at Pottstown, PA. Somebody told me he used to wash his car where the creek went under the tracks.
- Stone arch bridge carrying Norfolk Southern Rr (former Reading Railroad) & Creek over Trinley Mill Road
- Limerick Township, Pennsylvania, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built as a stibe arch, rear side widened with concrete top also reinforced
- Stone arch
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.20987, -75.55926 (decimal degrees)
40°12'36" N, 75°33'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/452408/4451201 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Phoenixville, PA
- Inventory number
- BH 44498 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 16, 2011: Updated by Frank Hicks: Added GPS coordinates
- November 28, 2010: Updated by Raymond Klein: Drive replaces Road
- September 28, 2010: Updated by Raymond Klein: Added "Mill" to tTinley Mill Road. Claified relationshuip between RR and highway-RR goes over highway
- September 23, 2010: New photo from Raymond Klein
- September 22, 2010: New photo from Raymond Klein
- March 20, 2010: New photo from Raymond Klein
- March 19, 2010: Essay added by Raymond Klein
- Raymond Klein - Bookshelfthe [at] msn [dot] com
- Frank Hicks