Bergey Road Bridge Upper Salford Township
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #132983
"A strong candidate for long-term preservation." according to Montgomery County bridge inventory.
The bridge contributes to the National Register of Historic Places listed Bergy Bridge Historic District (added to the Register in 10/10/73), which is named for the structure. The bridge is also adjacent to a greenway, resulting in a very high values code.
- Stone arch bridge over East Branch Perkiomen Creek on Bergey Road
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1841; rehabilitated 1990
- 4 stone arch
Length of largest span: 29.9 ft.
Total length: 133.9 ft.
Deck width: 20.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 10, 1973
- Also called
- Branchville Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.30309, -75.42182 (decimal degrees)
40°18'11" N, 75°25'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/464153/4461483 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 46 7046 0700 0151 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 27958 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
NRHP 73001644 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 31335 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 3, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Corrected GPS
- April 29, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added builder and description and other details
- March 7, 2009: Updated by Raymond Klein
- February 4, 2009: Updated by Raymond Klein: Added photo
- January 16, 2009: Updated by Raymond Klein
- Raymond Klein - Bookshelfthe [at] msn [dot] com
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com