Peevy Road Bridge
Pevey Road Bridge - January 1, 2007
Head on view
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #133813
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
'The one span, 102'-long metal Pratt thru truss bridge is supported on concrete-capped stone abutments with flared wingwalls. It is one of the most important bridges in the state illustrating the evolution of metal truss bridge technology, and it is historically and technologically significant . It is remarkably complete, and it has idiosyncratic details that reflect designer David H. Morrison's thinking about truss members and connections including the "hollow cylinder" verticals with "packing blocks" and the "flat bar chords."
- Through truss bridge over Perkiomen Creek on Peevy Road in Upper Hanover Twp (East Greenville)
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1880; rehabilitated 1987
- - Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio
- 9-Panel Pin-connected Pratt through truss
Span length: 103.0 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.6 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.41489, -75.52393 (decimal degrees)
40°24'54" N, 75°31'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/495450/4432383 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Greenville
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 46 7046 0400 0231 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 27927 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31387 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 10.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 5, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added categories "9-panel truss", "Pin-connected"
- July 20, 2009: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Columbia Bridge Works to Builders and Categories.
- February 20, 2009: New photos from Raymond Klein
- Raymond Klein - Bookshelfthe [at] msn [dot] com
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth