Bergeys Mill Road Bridge
Bergeys Mill Road Bridge - April 26, 2009
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #139446
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
'The 2 span, 196'-long, pin-connected Pratt thru truss bridge built in 1893 is supported on a stone substructure. It was fabricated by John Denithorne & Sons of Phoenixville, the details of the bridge, including the verticals, upper sway bracing, and portal bracing, reflect period thinking about truss members. Denithorne was successful marketing his bridges to Chester and Montgomery counties into the 20th century. The bridge has some alterations, but they do not adversely impact its significant details and overall integrity. It is historically and technologically significant because of its association with the Denithorne company and what that illustrates about metal truss bridges were built during the last quarter of the 19th century and for its technological significance.'
- Through truss bridge over East Branch Perkiomen Creek on Bergeys Mill Road near Lederick
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Built 1893; rehabilitated 1985
- - John Denithorne & Sons of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 94.2 ft.
Total length: 195.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.1 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.25689, -75.42972 (decimal degrees)
40°15'25" N, 75°25'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/496302/4430717 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1977)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 46 7046 0210 0146 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 27913 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31336 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 29, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Closed
- May 5, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description
- May 26, 2009: New photo from Raymond Klein
- April 30, 2009: New photo from Raymond Klein