PRR - Shenango River Bridge
The Wheatland Bridge formerly carried the Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) over the Shenango River near Wheatland, Pennsylvania. The Pratt through truss bridge was located on the PRR's Erie & Pittsburgh Division mainline.
The original bridge over the Shenango River near Wheatland was a circa 1864 wooden crossing that was replaced by a new steel bridge in November 1899.
The bridge was placed out of service in 1982.
- Abandoned pratt through truss bridge over Shenango River on former Pennsylvania Railroad
- Mercer County, Pennsylvania
- Future prospects
- Potential to be used in a rail-to-trail (see source).
- - Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.18949, -80.48176 (decimal degrees)
41°11'22" N, 80°28'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/543460/4559921 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72504 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 14, 2017: Updated by Dave King: Added categories "Railroad", "Pennsylvania Railroad", "Skewed"
- February 13, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: rem. 1903
- June 14, 2016: Added by Alexander D. Mitchell IV