Greenville-Jamestown Trail - Shenago River Bridge
south side of bridge
Photo taken by Brian Manville in September 2016
BH Photo #366340
A treat for hikers along the trail
Written by Brian Manville
The bridge is part of a trail that runs between Greenville and Jamestown. It is located east of West Jamestown Road and north of North Good Hope Road (SR 4003).
The area around the bridge is very wooded with the Shenango River flowing underneath. The location provides many good vantage points for picture taking or studying the bridge construction.
The bridge can be accessed by the trail from Depot Street in Jamestown. It is about 1/2 mile walk from Depot Street to the bridge. There is access via West Jamestown Road, but it is posted as private property and the road is not advisable unless you're driving an SUV or truck as there are deep puddles and areas where a car could high-center on small earth mounds.
- Through truss bridge over Shenago River on Trail
- Mercer County, Pennsylvania
- Open to pedestrians only
- - Rail-to-trail
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.47598, -80.43451 (decimal degrees)
41°28'34" N, 80°26'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/547214/4591752 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Greenville West
- Inventory numer
- BH 54815 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 2, 2016: Essay added by Brian Manville
- October 2, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- December 5, 2012: Added by Luke Harden