Market Street Bridge (3rd)
Market Street Bridge
Berlin Iron Bridge Co. book. Published by Berlin Iron Bridge Co. 1890. Courtesy Canadian Centre for Architecture : buildingtechnologyheritagelibrary; additional_collections
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley
BH Photo #296000
There have been Seven Bridges at this crossing. First was a Wooden covered bridge built 1849. Destroyed by flood 1865. The second bridge was a wire suspension bridge 1865-1885. The third bridge was the Berlin bridge built 1885 partially destroyed in 1889 by flood. Fourth bridge was built using parts of third bridge opened 1889 destroyed by flood 1891. the fifth bridge was built 1894 by Crofton Bridge and manufacturing Company. It was blown up and dismantled in 1949.bridge six was a 1956 steel deck built by George Vang Inc.. Blown up and dismantled in 2007. Seventh bridge is the current bridge
- Lost Lenticular through truss bridge over West Branch Susquehanna River on Market Street
- Williamsport, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1885 destroyed 1889
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular through truss
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 1,000.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.23729, -76.99743 (decimal degrees)
41°14'14" N, 76°59'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/332612/4567022 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 63223 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 27, 2014: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com