Rating:
2 votes

Church Lane Bridge

Photos 

Photo taken by Kevin Shoemaker

View larger version

BH Photo #239525

Map 

Street View 

Facts 

Overview
Wooden bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad on TR 469 (Church Lane) in Trexlertown
Location
Trexlertown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
Status
Intact but closed to all traffic
History
Built ca. 1899
Builder
- H. E. Ahrens & Bros of Reading, Pennsylvania (Contractors)
Railroad
- Catasauqua & Fogelsville Railroad (C&F)
Design
Timber stringer
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 18.0 ft.
Total length: 29.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.54500, -75.60167   (decimal degrees)
40°32'42" N, 75°36'06" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/449052/4488423 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Allentown West
Inventory numbers
PA 39 7203 0469 0106 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 23443 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31183 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 06/2009)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 16.0 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 1982)
500

Update Log 

  • August 18, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
  • September 17, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added photographs, builder, updated info, created railroad category

Sources 

Comments 

Church Lane Bridge
Posted September 17, 2012, by Kevin Shoemaker (cokise3 [at] aol [dot] com)

FYI- This Church Lane bridge is "near" Ancient Oaks, not "in". The bridge is considered to be in the town of Trexlertown. There were actually two bridges at this location, and they were located parallel to each other. One bridge carried the trolley line from Wescosville to Breinigsville of the 'then' Catasauqua and Fogelsville Railroad. The other carried Church Lane over the Catasauqua and Fogelsville Railroad. The bridge was originally built in 1899 by H. E. Ahrens and Brothers Contractors.