Photo taken by Jodi Christman
BH Photo #177810
Large trees which floated down Swatara Creek during flood of September 7-8, 2011 are wedged across deck of bridge. Possibility of bridge being dislodged by flood waters, subject to engineer inspection.
- Bridge over Swatara Creek on Yorty Bridge Road
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
- Closed for flood damage
- Built 1924; rehabilitated 1995
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 213.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.39472, -76.55111 (decimal degrees)
40°23'41" N, 76°33'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/368360/4472723 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Indiantown Gap
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 38 7207 0378 3022 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 22862 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 46211 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 24.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 2, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 6, 2016: Updated by Luke: Name change per forum comment
- September 10, 2011: Updated by Bill Stephens: Bridge closed due to flood damage
- September 18, 2010: Added by Jodi Christman