The 2 span, 246'-long, pin connected Pratt thru truss bridge is supported on stone abutments and cutwater pier. The traditionally composed truss bridge has built up members of all standard steel sections for the compression members. Eyebars are used for the tension members. The bridge has welded repairs, including the replacement of a portion of one of the verticals in the northern truss with welded channel sections. U-shaped hangers at the lower panel points carry rolled section floorbeams. Steel stringers and a steel deck pan were placed ca. 1970. Metal lattice railings are placed to the inside of the truss lines. Modern W-beam guide railings have been added. The bridge is a late and undistinguished example of the pin connected Pratt truss type and design that was used widely on the state's roads during the last quarter of the 19th century. The pin connected Pratt truss design fell into decline during the first decade of the 20th century due to technological advances leading to the transition to riveted connections. There are over 375 Pratt truss bridges in the state from 1870 to 1955, and most pre-1900 examples are pin connected. The York Bridge Co. was a minor bridge building concern that operated from ca. 1901 to 1916 and built mosty standardized steel truss and girder bridges. This bridge is not a significant example of the firm's work. The bridge is not historically or technologically distinguished by its setting or context.