Neff's Mill Covered Bridge 38-36-22
Photo taken by Jack Schmidt
BH Photo #108637
As of August 2018 dismantled on adjacent field for rehabilitative reconstruction, to be reassembled and placed back in place upon completion.
- Covered bridge over Pequea Creek on Penn Grant Road
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- In storage or disassembled
- Future prospects
- As of August 2018 disassembled for complete restoration/reconstruction.
- Built 1875
- - Christian Brackbill (Original builder)
- James C. Carpenter (Rebuilder)
- Covered Burr arch-truss
Span length: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 89.9 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 1980
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.97869, -76.22556 (decimal degrees)
39°58'43" N, 76°13'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/395352/4426111 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 36 7240 0559 1507 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
NRHP 80003538 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 38-36-22 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 31108 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 6, 2018: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Bridge dismantled for renovation/restoration
- September 9, 2014: New photos from Bill Eichelberger
- March 4, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added street view & imported photos
- September 5, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Pequea Creek
- May 10, 2009: New photos from Brian McKee
- October 16, 2008: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
- March 5, 2007: Posted photos from Jack Schmidt
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Dale Travis Covered Bridge List
- Bill Eichelberger
- Brian McKee - bjmckee51 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- D. Thomsen - dcthomsen [at] comcast [dot] net
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV