West Farmersville Road Bridge
FROM PA HISTORIC BRIDGE DATA:
The 3-span, cantilevered, variable depth, reinforced concrete slab bridge was National Register-listed as a result of the previous survey. The bridge is an unusual design, and has a high degree of technological significance. The plain concrete parapets have been cut down over the western wingwalls. The concrete rail has been lost from the northwest corner of the cantilevered end span.
- Concrete curved chord through girder bridge over Conestoga River on West Farmersville Road (PA-1010)
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Demo started Feb, 2019. Replacement underconstruction.
- Built 1917
- - F. H. Shaw (county Engineer)
- Paul D. Kauffman of Reading, Pennsylvania (builder)
- Concrete cantilevered curved chord through girder
Length of largest span: 65.9 ft.
Total length: 133.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1988
- Also called
- Conestoga River Bridge
Big Conestoga Creek Bridge No. 12,
Bridge in West Earl Township
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.12792, -76.19976 (decimal degrees)
40°07'41" N, 76°11'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/397779/4442645 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 36 1010 0050 1342 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 21385 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
NRHP 88000875 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 47157 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 11.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 12, 2019: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Ransome rebar"
- May 11, 2019: Updated by Patrick S. O'Donnell: Bridge demolished / being replaced.
- August 28, 2013: New photos from Jodi Christman
- May 25, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added builder and description
- November 29, 2010: Added by Nathan Holth
- Nathan Holth
- HAER PA-500 - Big Conestoga Creek Bridge No. 12, Spanning Conestoga River at Farmersville Road (State Route 1010), Brownstown vicinity, Lancaster County, PA
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net