Rating:
No votes cast

Clayton Wenger's Mill Covered Bridge

Photo 

Clayton Wenger's Mill Covered Bridge

Photo from the Thomas G. Kipphorn Collection

BH Photo #535601

Street View 

Description 

Bridge was built in 1845 by Joseph Elliott and Robert Russell. It was lost to flooding in 1917 and replaced by a 3 span concrete arch bridge. For information on the replacement bridge please see BH #47157.

Some of this information from lostbridges.org

Facts 

Overview
Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Conestoga River on West Farmersville Road
Location
Brownstown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Status
Destroyed by flooding and replaced
History
Built in 1845 by Joseph Elliott and Robert Russell; Lost in flooding in 1917 and replaced.
Builders
- Joseph Elliott
- Robert Russell
Design
Burr arch-truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 130.0 ft.
Total length: 142.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
Also called
Jacob Wolf's Covered Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.12790, -76.19973   (decimal degrees)
40°07'40" N, 76°11'59" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/397781/4442642 (zone/easting/northing)
Inventory number
BH 99016 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • July 5, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler

Sources 

  • Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com