NS - Safe Harbor Bridge
Lower bridge is C&PD RR Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman in October 9, 2013
BH Photo #268307
This bridge replaced the original Columbia and Port Deposit Bridge which was destroyed by floods in 1904 during the construction of the A&S bridge. They replaced the C&PD bridge with a new span rather than rebuild the remains of the original stone bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Conestoga Creek on Railroad (NS (Nee C&PD RR (PRR).).)
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1904-06, this bridge replaced one damaged in 1904 flood which was when the A&S RR Safe Harbor Trestle Bridge was being built
- - H.S. Kerbaugh, Inc. (Erectors)
- Pennsylvania Steel Co. of Steelton, Pennsylvania (Fabricator)
- William H. Brown (Chief Engineer)
- - Columbia & Port Deposit Railroad (C&PD)
- Conrail (CR)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- The C&PD spans, riveted deck plate girders 98'-6", 98’-0", and 98'-6 long, comprise the entire 295'-0" length of the lower level.
Length of largest span: 98.5 ft.
Total length: 295.0 ft.
- Also called
- NS Conestoga Creek Bridge
Port Road Bridge
Conrail Conestoga Creek Bridge
PRR Conestoga Creek Bridge
C&PD - Conestoga Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.92513, -76.38436 (decimal degrees)
39°55'30" N, 76°23'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/381700/4420364 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Safe Harbor
- Inventory number
- BH 58412 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 3, 2018: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- November 1, 2013: New photo from Jodi Christman
- October 15, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Updatesd status.
- October 13, 2013: Added by Jodi Christman