Colemanville Covered Bridge 38-36-55
Looking north on east side
Photo taken by Jodi Christman in October 9, 2013
BH Photo #269156
A second new covered bridge was constructed at this site in 1992; I saw both the deteriorated older bridge being dismantled and the new bridge downstream from the older bridge. Though most sources call this the 1856 bridge, the existing bridge technically dates from 1992 and should be considered a recreation.
- Covered bridge over Pequea Creek on Fox Hollow Road
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1878; "rehabilitated" with a replacement covered bridge 1992
- - James C. Carpenter
Span length: 154.9 ft.
Total length: 154.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 1980
- Also called
- Martic Forge Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.89890, -76.34218 (decimal degrees)
39°53'56" N, 76°20'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/385261/4417398 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 36 7224 0408 1512 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
WGCB 38-36-26 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 80003534 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 31095 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 4, 2014: Photos imported by Dave King
- October 27, 2013: New photos from Jodi Christman
- June 14, 2011: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Updated history and description
- September 5, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Pequea Creek