Pequea Creek Bridge
Pequea Bridge #6
View from "southwest"
Photo taken by Alexander D. Mitchell IV in June 2014
BH Photo #286886
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
The 1-span, 100'-long, reinforced concrete deck arch bridge built in 1926 has concrete balustrades and paneled closed spandrels. It is supported on concrete abutments with U-shaped wingwalls topped by concrete balustrades. Deck arch bridges began appearing in numbers in Pennsylvania about 1905 and they were ubiquitous by the 1910s. Over 200 examples from before 1916 survive, and 270 reinforced concrete closed spandrel arch bridges predate 1920. This later example has no unusual or noteworthy features. It is not historically or technologically distinguished by its setting or context. It is not located in a potential historic district.
- Concrete arch bridge over Pequea Creek on PA 2029
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
- - Samuel Z. Studenruth (County Engineer)
- Reinforced concrete deck arch
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 100.1 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.99500, -76.20500 (decimal degrees)
39°59'42" N, 76°12'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/397132/4427897 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 36 2029 0130 0000 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 21571 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31116 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 41.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 2, 2014: New photos from Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- May 8, 2013: New Street View added by Jodi Christman
- May 28, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description and builder and details on design
- September 5, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Pequea Creek
- D. Thomsen - dcthomsen [at] comcast [dot] net
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV