Ackerley Creek Bridge
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation evaluations have indicated that the bridge is severally deficient due to major deterioration of most concrete members. In several areas, reinforcing bars are exposed and are deteriorating. In addition, the skew of the bridge and the angles of the approach road limit sight distances. Rehabilitation of the bridge has been determined unfeasible...
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Deck arch bridge over Ackerley Creek on Sr 4011
- Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1929
- Deck arch
Span length: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 34.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.52914, -75.73517 (decimal degrees)
41°31'45" N, 75°44'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/438668/4597759 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numers
- PA 35 4011 0050 0000 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
BH 65462 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 12, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER PA-407 - Ackerly Creek Bridge, South Turnpike Road (State Route 4011), Dalton, Lackawanna County, PA