Redbank Valley Trail - Brookville Tunnel
East end view
Photo taken by Brian Manville in February 18, 2017
BH Photo #379107
Tunnel runs from mile marker 41.11 of the Redbank Valley Trail underneath Route 36 and South Pickering Street to the property of Miller Welding and Machine Company on 2nd Street in Brookville. On the east side of the tunnel are two bridges, one that crosses Redbank Creek and the other that currently allows the business to access all of its property.
- Tunnel on Redbank Valley Trail
- Brookville, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania
- Closed, may be rehabbed for trail use
- Future prospects
- Redbank Valley Trail Association has indefinite plans to refurbish the tunnel. At present, it is at the end (mile 41.11) of the trail.
- - Buffalo & Pittsburgh Railroad (BPRR)
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Pittsburg & Shawmut Railroad (PSR)
Span length: 754.0 ft.
Total length: 754.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.15071, -79.08753 (decimal degrees)
41°09'03" N, 79°05'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/660478/4557250 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 73989 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 18, 2017: Updated by Brian Manville: Added information about where it crosses and year built; updated future prospects and added description.