Jordon Cemetery Road Overpass
Behind me is Rt. 994
Photo taken by Jodi Christman on 4/30/11
BH Photo #198722
Jordon Cemetery was erected in 1802 by R.C. Booher. This bridge leads into the cemetery from Rt. 994. EBT RR reached out past this area by 1874, so the bridge could date back that far or be a replacement to a previosu bridge. You can access the cemetery from the south side connecting to Rt. 475, but it is a further distance and more likely folks travelled to the cemetery from Rt. 994.
- Steel stringer bridge over rail cut on T343 (Jordon Cemetery Rd)
- Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- - East Broad Top Railroad & Coal Co. (EBT)
- Steel stringer (timber deck)
Length of largest span: 51.8 ft.
Total length: 54.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.21965, -77.90589 (decimal degrees)
40°13'11" N, 77°54'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/252732/4456187 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- PANBI 47918 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 48734 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 16, 2013: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added bridge name
- July 17, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed category rail to road as the bridge crosses over a former EBT ROW
- July 16, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Rail-to-road" to fix the auto add of the A&R Line
- July 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "East Broad Top Railroad & Coal Co."
- May 3, 2011: Added by Jodi Christman
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net