Facing North West
Photo taken by Jodi Christman 4/30/11
BH Photo #198529
This suspension bridge was constructed to replace a bridge swept away in the 1936 St. Patrick's Day flood. It is the only suspension bridge in the six-county Pennsylvania Department of Transportation district which includes Huntingdon.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Suspension bridge over Raystown Branch Juniata River on TR 428
- Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1937; rehabilitated 1996
- - Reading Steel Products Inc.
- Wire suspension
Length of largest span: 319.9 ft.
Total length: 321.9 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 20, 1990
- Also called
- Huntingdon County Bridge #20
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.45500, -77.98333 (decimal degrees)
40°27'18" N, 77°58'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/247023/4482535 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mount Union
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 31 7212 0428 3020 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
NRHP 90000402 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PANBI 18926 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30993 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 60.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 21, 2015: HAER photos posted by Dave King
- August 23, 2014: New photos from Patrick S. O'Donnell
- March 4, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- May 3, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added Builder and Nat. Reg. data
- May 2, 2011: New photo from Jodi Christman
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Todd Wilson
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net
- HAER PA-248 - Corbin Bridge, 2 miles Southeast of Huntingdon on road to Raystown Dam, Huntingdon, Huntingdon County, PA