Horse Valley Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman
BH Photo #176320
Rehab in 2009 included repairs to the bulging bridge walls and the arch barrels in each span, reconstruction of the bridge approaches, and installation of a waterproof membrane and scour protection. SOURCE PENNDOT Press Release 9/11/2009.
I also believe the bridge had work done in 1953 as JR Zeek's initials and the year are etched in the stone (included in one of my photos).
"Old Bridges of Franklin County" by Frederick Fleming Unger mentions length as 154 feet.
- Stone arch bridge over Conodoguinet Creek on Sr 4004 (Upper Strasburg Road)
- Franklin County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1825; Rehab 1953, 2009
- 3 span stone arches
Length of largest span: 16.1 ft.
Total length: 61.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 22, 1988
- Also called
- Conodoguinet Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.06611, -77.76167 (decimal degrees)
40°03'58" N, 77°45'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/264476/4438750 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 28 4004 0170 0272 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
NRHP 88000775 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PANBI 17571 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 46056 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 71.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 24, 2020: New photo from Andrew Aliferis
- April 11, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description, corrected register date
- March 29, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added Nat Reg information
- September 12, 2010: Updated by Jodi Christman: Renamed primary Name of bridge as I found it in National Register
- September 6, 2010: Added by Jodi Christman