Upstream side of bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman in May 2017
BH Photo #440384
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
The 2-span, 140'-long, stone arch bridge built ca. 1850 was widened in 1974 with a concrete slab deck with cantilevered overhangs to both sides. Original stone parapets were removed and W-beam guide railings added. Stone spandrel wall sections and wingwalls have been replaced by concrete. Due to alterations and loss of masonry work, the stone arch bridge does not have integrity of original design. The historical and technological significance of the traditional stone arch bridge technology is well represented by other bridges in Franklin County; at least 12 stone arch bridges have been identified, five are listed in the National Register.
The South Penn RR ran close to this bridge and had a stop here on its route called "Stone Bridge"
- Stone arch bridge over East Br Conococheaque on Sr 3013 (Stone Bridge Rd)
- Franklin County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1850 ca; rehabilitated 1974
- Double-arch stone bridge. The superstructure was replaced in 2009ca.
Length of largest span: 41.0 ft.
Total length: 140.1 ft.
Deck width: 21.7 ft.
- Also called
- East Br Conococheaque Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.85056, -77.75750 (decimal degrees)
39°51'02" N, 77°45'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/264091/4414809 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 28 3013 0060 0855 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 17556 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 46332 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 65.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 31, 2018: Updated by Jodi Christman: Corrected status and design details
- April 21, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Changed name and added details
- December 26, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description note; corrected build date
- October 8, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: updated status
- February 19, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Bridge has been replaced
- September 26, 2010: Added by Jodi Christman