Old Elm Street Bridge
Photo taken by Brian Manville in April 15, 2017
Photos taken are of the bridge located east of Route 36 on Beach Road near the Tionesta Recreation Area. The plaque on the northeast corner of the bridge as well as the construction of the bridge itself more closely resembles that which was originally entered for this page.
Further, this map http://ancestortracks.com/Forest%20Co/Forest1881TionestaTwp.... from 1881 would lend credence to the fact that the current Route 36 bridge is not the orignal bridge.
- Concrete arch bridge over Tionesta Creek on Old Elm Street in Tionesta
- Tionesta, Forest County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1919; rehabilitated 1996
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 97.1 ft.
Total length: 291.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.48521, -79.44970 (decimal degrees)
41°29'07" N, 79°26'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/629423/4593782 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 27 7401 8802 3001 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 17277 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30935 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2009)
- Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 66.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- April 15, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "Allegheny River"
- April 15, 2017: Updated by Brian Manville: Photos and description added; GPS coordinate moved.
- August 2, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein