Waterford Covered Bridge 38-25-04
Waterford Covered Bridge
Photo taken July 6, 2000 looking westward.
Photo taken by Joe Virruso
BH Photo #135436
Example of late nineteenth-century covered bridge construction. The bridge was built for the Commissioners of the Waterford Township.
-- Historic American Buildings Survey
- Covered bridge over Leboeuf Creek on TR 463 (Niemeyer Road)
- Erie County, Pennsylvania
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1875
- - Richard Cross
- Covered Lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 77.1 ft.
Total length: 78.1 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 17, 1980
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.94128, -79.96414 (decimal degrees)
41°56'29" N, 79°57'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/585866/4643775 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 25 7220 0463 4003 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
WGCB 38-25-04 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 80003492 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PANBI 16497 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30908 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 16, 2018: New photo from Richard Doody
- October 18, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- November 8, 2015: New photos from Bill Eichelberger
- January 18, 2015: HAER photos posted by Dave King
- March 4, 2014: Photos imported by Dave King
- August 6, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Bridge is closed
- March 16, 2009: New photos from Joe Virruso