Darby Creek Bridge
This bridge is a Overhead counterweight Strauss type the counterweight and machinery is removed and acts like a fixed span.
- Pony/through bascule girder bridge over Darby Creek on Wanamaker Avenue (SR-420 Southbound)
- Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement.
- Built 1930; rehabilitated 1951
- - Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- Through girder bascule.
Length of largest span: 81.0 ft.
Total length: 236.9 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Also called
- SR-420 Southbound Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.87576, -75.30431 (decimal degrees)
39°52'33" N, 75°18'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/473977/4414012 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- PANBI 14999 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 68999 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 43 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 28, 2020: New photo from Douglas Butler
- February 8, 2019: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- August 28, 2015: New Street View added by Nathan Holth