Everhart Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman on 05/11/2012
The Everhart Covered Bridge was built in 1881 to span the Little Buffalo Creek in Oliver Township, Perry County. Mrs. Margaret Wister Meigs, the preserver of Fort Hunter purchased the bridge in 1940 for $70 saving it from demolition. She moved the bridge to this property placing it directly on the ground of the Fort Hunter mansion's front lawn.
- Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
- Built 1881; relocated ca 1941
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Total length: 443.0 ft.
Deck width: 124.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 86.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.34319, -76.90773 (decimal degrees)
40°20'35" N, 76°54'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/337969/4467595 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Harrisburg West
- Inventory number
- BH 52454 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 13, 2012: Added by Jodi Christman
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com