Market Street Railroad Bridge
East side of bridge (looking SW)
Photo taken by Jodi Christman in July 13, 2014
BH Photo #288371
Bridge crosses two sidewalks and four lanes of traffic in downtown Harrisburg. Multiple train tracks are used by multiple train companies such as Norfolk Southern and Amtrak. There is also parking spaces on the west side of the bridge.
- Bridge over Market Street on NS and Amtrak
- Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1928
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Conrail (CR)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
Length of largest span: 28.9 ft.
Total length: 84.0 ft.
Deck width: 266.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.26348, -76.87793 (decimal degrees)
40°15'49" N, 76°52'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/340313/4458693 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Harrisburg West
- Inventory numbers
- PA 22 7301 4000 4011 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
BH 61700 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 10, 2018: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 23, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 12, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added category "Concrete encased steel stringer"
- July 13, 2014: Added by Jodi Christman