Market Street Bridge (West)
Looking through Cumberland Valley RR Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman 10/08/10
BH Photo #181653
Designed by Modjeski and Masters.
If you look closely, the piers are built with stone on the north side and concrete on the south side.
The entire bridge (east side too) is a concrete arch bridge, but thanks to a stone facade it looks like a stone arch bridge. The stone facade was chosen for this bridge not only for aesthetic reasons, but also because the stone would protect the concrete superstructure in the event of a flood that might carry ice and other heavy debris.
- Beam bridge over Susquehanna River (West) on Sr 3012,West Spans
- Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, and Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1928; rehabilitated 1962
- - James McGraw Co. of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Length of largest span: 88.9 ft.
Total length: 1,425.9 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
- Also called
- Susquehanna River (West) Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.25056, -76.89056 (decimal degrees)
40°15'02" N, 76°53'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/339209/4457281 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Harrisburg West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 22 3012 0010 0000 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 14529 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 46446 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 29.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 7, 2018: New photo from Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 22, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- June 2, 2013: New photo from Jodi Christman
- October 8, 2010: Added by Jodi Christman
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com