View from south end looking north east
Photo taken by Jodi Christman on 05/11/2012
THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY notes that the 168'-long, pin-connected, Balitmore thru truss bridge was determined eligible for the National Register by PHMC.
- Baltimore Through truss bridge over Mahantango Creek on Deibler Gap Road
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, and Northumberland County, Pennsylvania
- Closed to all traffic
- Built ca. 1900
- - Chambersburg Bridge Co.
- Baltimore through truss
Length of largest span: 162.1 ft.
Total length: 168.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.62589, -76.85574 (decimal degrees)
40°37'33" N, 76°51'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/343046/4498884 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- PA 22 7212 0474 3027 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 14693 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
NRHP 93000720 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 30840 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2007)
- Deck condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 13.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- May 13, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added category "Pin-connected"
- April 13, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added builder and NR # and year
- January 7, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Corrected Road Name and added description note
- May 27, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added GPS coordinates
- Cliff Darby - clif30 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com