Spring Road Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman
BH Photo #177770
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
The 2-span, 192'-long thru girder bridge has built-up girders, rolled I-shaped floorbeams, concrete deck, concrete pier, and concrete abutments with wingwalls. The bridge, built in 1930, is a common bridge type that has been in use since the mid-19th century. This 1930 example has no noteworthy or unusual features. It is not distinguished by its setting, context, or technology.
- Girder bridge over Conodoguinet Creek on Pa 34; Sr 0034
- Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
- Demolished and replaced.
- Built 1930
Length of largest span: 92.9 ft.
Total length: 191.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.23889, -77.18028 (decimal degrees)
40°14'20" N, 77°10'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/314534/4456552 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 21 0034 0350 0025 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 45589 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 46202 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 96.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 27, 2012: New photo from Jodi Christman
- January 2, 2012: New Street View added by K. A. Erickson
- January 2, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished and replaced.
- December 26, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description note
- September 17, 2010: Added by Jodi Christman