NS - Earl Street Overpass
Photo taken by Jodi Christman 10/02/2010
BH Photo #183338
Rail owned by: Reading then Conrail, now Norfolk Southern.
Interesting fact...The CVRR another railroad at the time, ran through the town of Shippensburg and onto what is now called Earl Street, but back then it was commonly called Railroad St. There was a station on Earl St. and Orange St. The CVRR would pass by that and then go under this bridge.
- Girder bridge over Earl Street on NS
- Shippensburg, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
- - Conrail (CR)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Reading Railroad (RDG)
- Also called
- Reading - Earl Street Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.04789, -77.51891 (decimal degrees)
40°02'52" N, 77°31'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/285124/4436112 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 46682 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 11, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added category "Reading Railroad"
- October 24, 2010: Added by Jodi Christman