Catawissa Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Brian McKee in May 2010
BH Photo #170217
This bridge was preserved for continued vehicular use in 2014. A post-tensioning system was utilized to enhance the bridge while minimizing alteration to the original materials of the bridge.
- Through truss bridge over Catawissa Creek on TR 468
- Columbia County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1903 by Nelson & Buchanan
- - Nelson & Buchanan Co. of Chambersburg & Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 222.1 ft.
Total length: 228.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.96329, -76.37236 (decimal degrees)
40°57'48" N, 76°22'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/384517/4535588 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 19 7214 0468 0042 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 12824 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30740 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 69.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 4, 2018: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- July 4, 2018: Updated by Janis Ford: Corrected coordinates
- September 15, 2014: New photos from Nathan Holth
- September 3, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge has been rehabbed. Added details.
- January 22, 2011: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- January 21, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Moved HAER link to proper bridge
- December 27, 2010: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added link to HAER
- July 25, 2010: New photos from Brian McKee