There was a bridge at this site since the year of 1835. A wooden bridge was built at that time, but three spans were destroyed in a 1841 flood. The spans were replaced, and the bridge didn't see anymore damage for about 60 years. However, the October Flood of 1903 swept through, and destroyed the bridge again. At this time the listed steel truss structure was erected. Come 1955 however, another flood came down the river. Debris, like trees, houses etc, washed the bridge away. The Army was quick to build a temporary structure with Bailey Trusses, but this was damaged by flooding two years later.
The people of Yardley and Ewing thought this bridge would be rebuilt. However, the interstate system came to light around this time, and Interstate 95 was set to go across the river a mile upstream. Rather than rebuild the Yardley-Wilburtha Bridge, the Scudders Falls Bridge took its place. The Bailey Bridge was then demolished.
All that is left today is the intersection with PA Route 32, also called River Road. A memorial stands where the abument once was.