Jugtown Hill Road Bridge
Jugtown Hill Road -- April 4, 2010
Overview looking towards River Road PA Rt.32 - Bucks Bridge #204
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #164293
Designed by Bucks County's first engineer, Adam Oscar Martin,. Last bridge left by this designer. First bridge uniquely designed to be transported down the canal and is designed to function along the Canal.
- Girder bridge over Delaware Canal on Jugtown Hill Road in Tinicum Township, PA. Bucks County Bridge #204
- Tinicum Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1921; rehabilitated 1937. Closed, demolished, replaced 2012
- - Adam Oscar Martin of Doylestown, Pennsylvania (County engineer)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 64.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.53833, -75.07500 (decimal degrees)
40°32'18" N, 75°04'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/493648/4487512 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 09 7009 0445 0204 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 07572 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 45182 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2012)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 38.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 11, 2012: Updated by Paul Cardie: Bridge has been replaced.
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Raymond Klein: Scheduled for removal and demolition, Monday, March 26, 2012
- May 6, 2010: Updated by Raymond Klein: Five photos uploaded. Tinicum Township, PA to Name-City-Overview. Bucks County Bridge #204 to photos & overview. Easston, PA to USGS
- Raymond Klein - Bookshelfthe [at] msn [dot] com
- Paul Cardie