Stony Bridge Road Bridge Bedminster Twp, PA
Stony Bridge Road -- March 18, 2010
Overview looking towards Deep Run Road
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #164135
Historic Bridge Inventory: The one span, 51' long reinforced concrete deck girder bridge was built in 1911. It has a concrete substructure and concrete post and pipe rail railings that are typical of pre-World War I bridges in Bucks County. Designed by the county, it is one of 7 surviving reinforced concrete girder bridges dating from 1909 to 1917 in Bucks County. Bucks County used reinforced concrete bridge technologies, including deck arch and thru girder bridges, fairly early. This bridge is not one of the early example, and it is not historically or technologically significant. The early, complete examples like 09 7009 0417 0021 represent the significance of the experimentation with various technologies in the county and regional context.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over Deep Run on Stony Bridge Road in Bedminster Township, Pa. Bucks County Bridge #45 #
- Bedminster Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1911
- - Adam Oscar Martin of Doylestown, Pennsylvania (County Engineer and Designer)
- Concrete deck girder
Length of largest span: 46.9 ft.
Total length: 50.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.39167, -75.19000 (decimal degrees)
40°23'30" N, 75°11'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/483874/4471247 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2001)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 09 7009 0417 0045 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 07552 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30567 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 16.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 14, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Add info.
- May 4, 2010: Updated by Raymond Klein: Added four photos. Bedminster Township, PA to - Name - City & Overview. USGS from Bedminster to Doylestown, PA
- Raymond Klein - Bookshelfthe [at] msn [dot] com
- Nathan Holth