Morris Run Bridge
Rickert Road Bridge -- April 28, 2009
Overview looking towards Dublin
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #146901
From Historic Bridge Inventory:
The bridge carries a onelane of a county road over a stream in a rural area of active 19th century farms and modern houses. The number of modern houses preclude the area from being a potential rural historic district.
The 84' long reinforced concrete deck girder bridge with arched beams was built in 1908. It is finished with plain parapets. Bucks County, under the leadership of county engineer A. Oscar Martin, was an early proponent of reinforced concrete bridge technologies. In addition to deck arch and T beam bridges, Martin designed and had built a variety of girder bridges that rank among the earliest and largest in the state. The Morris Run Creek bridge is historically and technologically significant within the local and state context as an early and complete example of its type and as an prototypical example of the experimentation in bridge design that is a hallmark of the first decade of applying reinforced concrete to bridge building.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over Morris Run on Rickert Road
- Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Closed To Traffic.
- Future prospects
- Section 106 Review in Progress, But Project Is Prematurely Being Reported As A Replacement Project
- Built 1908
- - Adam Oscar Martin of Doylestown, Pennsylvania (Designer)
- S. B. Twining Co. (Contractor)
- Concrete deck girder
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 65.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Rickert Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.36667, -75.22000 (decimal degrees)
40°22'00" N, 75°13'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/481321/4468478 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 09 7009 0417 0021 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 07551 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30551 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 20.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2001)
- June 15, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- April 25, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Designer.
- February 21, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added HBI Info And Builder.
- March 22, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now closed and doomed.
- October 3, 2009: New photos from Raymond Klein