Rating:
No votes cast

Hall's Mill Covered Bridge 38-05-15

Photos 

Northwest end of bridge

Photo taken by Jodi Christman in November 30, 2012

Enlarge

BH Photo #244630

Map 

Description 

"Pennsylvania's Covered Bridges" states in their 2nd edition (Benjamin D. Evans & June R. Evans) the bridge is built in 1872, but Bedford County Visitors Bureau states 1884.

Facts 

Overview
Burr arch-truss bridge over Yellow Creek on St. Paul's Church Road (TR 539)
Location
Bedford County, Pennsylvania
Status
Open to traffic
History
Built 1884; rehabilitated 1994
Design
Burr arch-truss (retrofitted with steel stringers)
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 92.9 ft.
Total length: 99.1 ft.
Deck width: 10.5 ft.
Recognition
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 10, 1980
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.12417, -78.31722   (decimal degrees)
40°07'27" N, 78°19'02" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
17/728600/4444989 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Everett East
Inventory numbers
PA 05 7209 0539 3006 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 04496 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
NRHP 80003418 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 45613 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 03/2009)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 52.0 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
45

Update Log 

  • December 16, 2012: New photos from Jodi Christman
  • November 23, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description and NR #

Sources