H&BTM - Cypher Bridge
Seen from Cypher Station Road Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman in November 30, 2012
BH Photo #244890
This bridge was closed on 3/31/1954 and the rails between Huntingdon and Cypher Bridge were scrapped in the summer of 1954. The standard gauge rails still remain intact between the bridge and the Tatesville area in Bedford County.
Page for trail:
- Abandoned fishbelly Warren deck truss bridge over Raystown Branch Juniata River on former H&BT
- Bedford County, Pennsylvania
- Future prospects
- Due to be added to trail.
- Built 1937
- - Huntingdon & Broad Top Mountain Railroad (H&BTM)
- Fishbelly Warren with vertical deck truss.
- Also called
- Huntingdon and Broad Top Mountain Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.09409, -78.29656 (decimal degrees)
40°05'39" N, 78°17'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/730462/4441703 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Everett East
- Inventory numer
- BH 54925 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 26, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Rail-to-trail"
- December 21, 2012: New photos from Jodi Christman
- December 19, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added category "Fishbelly Deck Truss"
- December 16, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Raystown Branch Juniata River", "Railroad", "Huntingdon & Broad Top Mountain Railroad"
- December 16, 2012: Added by Jodi Christman