Claycomb/ Reynoldsdale Covered Bridge 38-05-12
Photo taken by Brian McKee in May 2009
BH Photo #139999
Originally built in Reynoldsdale, in 1975 it was rebuilt on new location near Old Bedforn Village. The bridge is not painted. This bridge is most likely not National Register worthy due to a few changes: U-channels were added to the timbers that support the deck and a pedestrian walkway was added.
- Burr arch-truss bridge over Raystown Branch of the Juniata River on Entrance to Old Bedford Village Historical Park
- Bedford County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1880; rebuilt 1975
- Burr arch-truss.
Span length: 126.0 ft.
Total length: 126.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old Bedford Village Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.04033, -78.50733 (decimal degrees)
40°02'25" N, 78°30'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/712660/4435210 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 38-05-12 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 42545 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 2, 2015: New photo from John Loxton
- December 25, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added categories "Wooden deck", "Relocated"
- November 23, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description
- May 9, 2009: Added by Brian McKee