Third Ave Bridge Mckeesport PA Circa 1911
Old Post Card View
BH Photo #373675
This bridge existed up until the 1950-1960 time frame. The town of Reynoldton, which was on the west shore, was later annexed by McKeesport and made into the 10th Ward. As a child, during the mid 50's, I recall seeing the bridge, since my parents shopped at the old Atlantic and Pacific (A&P) store located near the west end of the bridge. I have just discovered that it was dismantled in 1961.
- Lost Wire suspension bridge over Youghiogheny River at mile 0.2 on Vehicle and Trolly
- McKeesport, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
- Future prospects
- Built 1884
- - McKeesport and Reynoldton Bridge Co.
- Wire/cable suspension
Total length: 644.0 ft.
- Also called
- Third Avenue Suspension Bridge
Third Avenue Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.35234, -79.87052 (decimal degrees)
40°21'08" N, 79°52'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/595915/4467476 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 74876 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 24, 2016: New photo from Mike Piontka
- December 23, 2016: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- December 23, 2016: Added by Mike Piontka