McArdle Viaduct No. 1
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in July 2016
BH Photo #358203
One of the bridges seen in the Movie-Jack Reacher
- Through truss bridge over the Norfolk Southern Railroad on Mcardle Roadway in Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1933; rehabilitated 1960
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 214.9 ft.
Total length: 547.9 ft.
Deck width: 26.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.42774, -79.99315 (decimal degrees)
40°25'40" N, 79°59'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/585406/4475721 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pittsburgh East
- Inventory numbers
- PA 02 7301 0000 3064 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 02429 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30272 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 20.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- December 20, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- September 17, 2013: New Street View added by Michael Miller