Middle Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman on 6/4/11
BH Photo #200293
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
The 1 span, 74'-long, thru girder bridge built in 1904 is supported on stone abutments. The bridge with floorbeams has a concrete deck, which was placed in 1978.
- Girder bridge over Middle Creek on McGlaughlin Road
- Adams County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1904; rehabilitated 1978
Length of largest span: 71.9 ft.
Total length: 74.2 ft.
Deck width: 12.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.77417, -77.33250 (decimal degrees)
39°46'27" N, 77°19'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/300234/4405294 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 01 7213 0318 3007 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 00451 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 48846 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Not deficient
Sufficiency rating: 65.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- March 16, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 26, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description note
- June 4, 2011: Added by Jodi Christman