John Eisenhower Bridge
Photo taken by Daniel McFarland in December 2010
BH Photo #191405
This bridge features some very unique struts and upper connections.
Bridge was damaged in 1996 flood and reconstructed in 1998.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Willoughby Run on Water Works Road
- Adams County, Pennsylvania
- Built 1886; rehabilitated 1980; reconstructed 1998
- - Gilbert & Smith of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania (Gettysburg, PA)
- Pratt through truss, pinned (likely wrought iron)
Length of largest span: 81.0 ft.
Total length: 84.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- Willoughby Run Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.79844, -77.26871 (decimal degrees)
39°47'54" N, 77°16'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/305765/4407848 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 01 7204 0509 3122 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
BH 41381 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/1991)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 24.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- March 16, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- April 11, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added builders
- January 1, 2011: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Previously reported as lost in 1996 flood, current pics and satellite image shows this bridge is still extant.
- December 31, 2010: New photos from Daniel McFarland