Agency Creek Bridge
Agency Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Goff in October 2010
BH Photo #198044
The Agency Creek Bridge is a three span reinforced concrete deck girder bridge that was constructed in 1929. The bridge was designed by the Oregon State Highway Department under the supervision of state bridge engineer Conde B. McCullough and was constructed though contract with Rigdon Brothers.
The bridge features a main span of 45-feet flanked by single 18-foot approach spans. The bridge was treated with slightly more architectural detailing than the nearby South Fork Yamhill River Bridge, but is still somewhat lack luster when compared to bridge designed under McCullough.
Some of the key architectural features of the Agency Creek Bridge are the arched fascia girders, the decorative column caps at the top of each column and the arched opening railing found on many other Oregon bridges during the 1920ís. This standard railing features flared end terminals with bush hammered panels, arched opening, and additional bush hammered panels spaced at equal intervals along the structure.
The Agency Creek Bridge is an excellent example of early twentieth century reinforced concrete technology in the state of Oregon. The bridge also shows off the masterful skill of bridge engineer Conde McCullough and his ability to make even the simplest bridges appealing to the eye with the addition of aesthetically pleasing features.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over Agency Creek on OR 22
- Yamhill County, Oregon
- Open to traffic
- Built 1929
- - Conde B. McCullough of Redfield, South Dakota (Bridge Engineer)
- Rigdon Bros. (Contractor)
- Reinforced concrete deck girder
Length of largest span: 44.9 ft.
Total length: 81.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.08002, -123.61519 (decimal degrees)
45°04'48" N, 123°36'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/451580/4992024 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Grand Ronde
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- OR 01396 (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 48707 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 56.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 27, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Fixed description typo
- April 25, 2011: Added by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com