Madison Street Bridge (1st)
Streetcar Inez pulled from Willamette River at Madison street bridge disaster
Photo taken by Leslie R trick
BH Photo #416165
this was the 3rd bridge built in Portland it was replaced in 1900 by the 2nd Madison street bridge The bridge is also the site of the infamous Madison bridge disaster.
- Lost Pratt through truss swing bridge over Willamette river on Madison Ave now Hawthorne street.
- Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1891 Rebuilt into second bridge 1900
- - Pacific Bridge Co. of Portland, Oregon
- - East Side Railway
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.51346, -122.67066 (decimal degrees)
45°30'48" N, 122°40'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/525724/5040045 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 80042 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 12, 2018: Updated by Luke: Added builder and truss type
- January 12, 2018: Updated by Leslie R trick: separated 1st and 2nd bride into separate categories
- January 11, 2018: Updated by Leslie R trick: Added more to description.