Burnside Bridge (Old)
Transfer ferry Tacoma passing though Burnside bridge
Photo taken by Leslie R Trick
BH Photo #416161
Construction of the Burnside Bridge began in November 1892, and the bridge opened on July 4, 1894. It was a swing-span truss bridge made of wrought iron and steel.
- Lost Truss bridge over Willamette river on Burnside St
- Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1894,replaced and 2 spans relocated in 1926.
- - Bullen Bridge Co. of Pueblo, Colorado [also known as Pueblo Bridge Co.]
- W.B. Chase (head engineer)
Total length: 1,621.0 ft.
- Also called
- 1st Burnside bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.52354, -122.66773 (decimal degrees)
45°31'25" N, 122°40'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/525948/5041165 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 80040 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 16, 2018: New photo from Douglas Butler
- January 11, 2018: Updated by Luke: Corrected builder to pre-existing category.
- January 11, 2018: Updated by Leslie R trick: Added category "Relocated"
- Leslie R trick
- Douglas Butler