Rating:
No votes cast

Beaver Creek Bridge

Photos 

Beaver Creek Bridge

Photo taken by Michael Goff in September 19, 2008

Enlarge

BH Photo #125057

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Built in 1912 the Beaver Creek Bridge is one of the oldest reinforced concrete deck girder bridges on the Oregon State Highway System. The 40-foot structure has arched fascia girders and an architectural railing that is typical of Oregon bridges built during the decade from 1910-1919. The bridge was built by Multnomah County and has served on the Historical Columbia River Highway since the highway was constructed.

Facts 

Overview
Concrete deck girder bridge over Beaver Creek on the Historical Columbia River Highway in Troutdale
Location
Troutdale, Multnomah County, Oregon
Status
Open to traffic
History
Built 1912
Design
Reinforced concrete deck girder with arched fascia girders.
Dimensions
Span length: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Recognition
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
Approximate latitude, longitude
+45.53722, -122.37917   (decimal degrees)
45°32'14" N, 122°22'45" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
10/548471/5042819 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Camas
Inventory numbers
OR 04522 (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 37463 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 07/2014)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 48.6 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
4,154

Update Log 

  • September 7, 2010: New Street View added by Michael Goff
  • November 25, 2008: Updated by Michael Goff
  • November 3, 2008: Updated by Michael Goff: Fixed Date
  • October 22, 2008: Updated by Michael Goff
  • September 22, 2008: Added by Michael Goff

Sources 

  • Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • Historic Highway Bridges of Oregon - Dwight A. Smith, James B. Norman & Pieter T. Dykman, Oregon Historical Society Press, 1989